3 bands of parametric EQ, each with 3 selectable Q widths, give you an extremely flexible EQ. The wide Q is great for general tone shaping and is extremely transparent. The medium Q is perfect for everyday problem solving like pulling out boxiness from the low mids or reducing harshness and adding a bit in the upper mids. The narrow Q excels at notching out problem frequencies and is a savior for acoustic guitarists when combating feedback issues.
The Boost section offers +30 dB of clean boost and can be set to engage with the EQ section to act as a make-up gain when doing subtractive EQ, or can be used completely separately as a pure clean boost. Great for bumping up your volume for solos, or hitting the front end of a tube amp for a bit more break-up.
The signal path of the ParaEq MKII consists of the highest quality components chosen to deliver a perfectly organic tone. The transparent and sweet sounding EQ enhances your sound without masking the pure tone of your instrument, whether it be guitar, bass, synthesizer, or the human voice. Empress have increased the headroom significantly up to 27V internally, meaning it’ll be a real challenge to make this thing clip. Empress measured the distortion to be less than 0.05%, resulting in a pristine sound. True bypass means you’ll never worry if your tone has been sucked dry. Advanced configurations allow for buffered bypass, independence between EQ and boost controls, and startup state configurability. Top-mounted jacks mean the pedal can be patched up into your pedalboard as cleanly as it sounds and occupy a fraction of the space compared to Empress's old enclosures.
- All-analog signal path to deliver the most organic tone possible
- Ultra transparent sweet sounding EQ to enhance your sound without masking the tone of your instrument
- Lots of control with adjustable/switchable q, fully overlapping sweepable frequency selection, and 15 dB of cut and boost you’ll get all the control you need
- Ultra-quiet - if you put this at the front of your chain and boost a bit you’ll also cut down on the noise your other pedals are introducing
- Loads of headroom – operates internally from a 27V power supply – similar to rack-mount equipment
- +30 dB of boost make it an ideal candidate before long effects chains and overdriving tube amps
- Pristine clean sound - distortion less than 0.05%
- True bypass so you can be sure that it's not affecting the signal when disengaged
- Top mounted jacks make it extra convenient to integrate
Please note: The Empress ParaEq MKII requires at least 300 mA of current to function properly. Any power supply rated at 9V DC, supplying negative tip polarity and at least 300 mA of current should work.