Electric Guitar For Beginners
Jam on an Electric Guitar for Beginners
Besides creating beautiful music, playing an instrument can reduce stress while increasing your memory as it uses both sides of the brain. Learning to play an electric guitar for beginners is easier as the guitar is smaller and easier to hold. If you decide to purchase an electric guitar, you need to remember that you will also require an amplifier to control the volume and tone of the guitar. At A & B Music you can purchase an electric guitar starter pack that comes with the guitar, an amplifier, and a carry bag. These are inexpensive and are ideal for any beginner.
When Buying a Beginner Guitar Consider This
Many guitar teachers will suggest that you purchase an acoustic guitar for beginners for you or your child to start your journey. There is so much more to buying an instrument than simply walking into a store and picking out whichever guitar you like. To avoid having to return your item or not being able to play it properly, consider a few factors. We have listed a few things you should remember when going out to purchase your very first guitar.
- Right size. Purchasing an acoustic guitar for a beginner starts with finding the right size. Just as you would need to try different pants sizes to find the right fit, the same goes for buying a guitar. Finding the right guitar for you will depend on the size of your hands and the length of your arms. Try out a few different guitars at the store and find the one that is most comfortable for you to hold.
- Branding. Many people choose a guitar based on the brand. They may want to be like Slash and play a Gibson Les Paul Standard 1959, but these are expensive guitars, and you may end up spending all that money to find that the guitar isn’t comfortable for you to hold or play or that you no longer want to play the guitar at all. Before purchasing a well-known brand of guitar, learn to play on one that fits your budget.
- Materials used. Acoustic guitars are made from various types of wood, and each one emits a different tone. Guitars are made from maple, cedar, spruce, mahogany, and rosewood. Try out each type to find the right sound for you.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding an Electric Guitar for Kids
One of the most common mistakes people make when it comes to purchasing their first guitar is that they often purchase the guitar that they think looks the best, although it might not be appropriate to learn on initially. When taking your child to purchase a beginner electric guitar, be sure that they understand this as it will make the shopping experience less stressful.
- Play before you buy. The only way to know if a guitar is the right fit for you is to play it before you buy it. You will need to see if the guitar feels right in your hands and if the strings are easy for you to run your fingers over. Many stores will allow you to play the guitar, under supervision and give you advice if the guitar is the right choice.
- Replacement strings. Over time the wear and tear on your guitar strings will degrade them, and they will stretch and eventually break. When you purchase a guitar, be sure to buy an extra set of strings suited for that specific guitar.
- Checking the price. Choosing a guitar based on price may not be the best way to make your purchase. You may choose to buy a cheaper guitar, although this may not last as you want. Choosing a guitar such as a fender beginner guitar may be a good choice.
About A & B Music
Music is a massive part of life. When we are sad, angry, or in love, there is always a song we can play that describes our emotions in ways that we can’t. If you listen carefully, you will find music all around you, whether it’s the notes you hear when the wind bustles through the tree or the chirp of birds early in the morning. We are passionate about the beautiful sounds made from all instruments and want to assist those who play them.
Contact us today to inquire about what instruments we stock or for more information.