Purchase All Your Guitar Accessories Online and Get Free Australia-Wide Delivery
We sell trusted bass, acoustic, and electric guitars, amplifiers, and all the guitar accessories you can imagine. Discover our affordable prices, premium-quality brands, and product mix today.
Fast Facts About Our Electric Guitar Accessories
Order from our collection of capos, bags, cases, cables, tuners, pickups, guitar care products, and much more. View our astounding Fender and Australian, handmade, DSL jacquard-woven and first-rate leather guitar strap options.
- You need a spare set of strings in case of breakage, which often happens at the most inopportune times. Stock up on extras as yours will eventually become lacklustre. A fresh set with a brighter quality will keep your tone in fine form.
- The appropriate string gauge is all-important. A lighter-gauge string, for instance, will not sound as rich or warm as a heavier gauge.
- The best gauge for you mainly depends on personal preference and is based on what feels good. Other factors include whether you’re a beginner or advanced player, the type of guitar you play, and your music style. Many guitarists use light strings or .010. Medium or .011 gauge is the second most popular, followed by super-light or .009.
Weightier strings provide a chunkier tone for contemporary Rhythm and Blues, down-tuning, and heavy metal. Lighter gauges work well for fast leads and slap bass.
A Short Buyer’s Guide for Guitar Strings
Oils, dead skin, sweat, and dirt build-up affect the intonation and quality of ageing, uncoated guitar strings. They become tough to play, start sounding sluggish, and break more easily.
- We sell anti-rust plated Elixir Acoustic guitar strings with an ultra-thin coating that keeps the crud out of the spaces between the windings. They offer increased tone life, consistent performance, a smooth feel, and cut down on finger-squeak.
- We stock an immense variety of electric guitar strings for all budgets and styles, including Rotosound, D’Addario, and Ernie Ball. These brands are regarded by many as among the best you can buy in 2021.
- View our variety of bass guitar strings. Pure nickel offers a warm sound without excessive low-end or treble bite and sounds spot-on for soul, rock, and 1950s to 1960s pop. Stainless steel strings have a bright, clear sound and work well for modern music. Nickel-plated steel is an all-around alternative for bassists who play different styles.
Bass players also need to choose between the uneven feel and bright, present-day sounds of round-wound strings and the flat, smooth finish, enhanced playability, decreased string noise, and vintage tones of flat-wound strings.
Why You Should Buy from A & B Music
Your guitar strings affect playability, comfort, tension, feel, and sound. Do you require extra light, custom light, light, medium, or heavy? Do you need to try out different options to choose the exact string gauge and material? We gladly offer advice and do everything we can to help our customers find what works best for them.
Contact us to ask questions, enquire about our instrument repair service or place an order.