Continue the Legend with Our Range of Jackson Guitar Models
From its remarkable looks to its unwavering sound quality, a Jackson guitar provides musicians of every proficiency with a high-end instrument suited to their requirements.
A History of Jackson Guitars in Australia
From humble beginnings to a world-renowned guitar brand, Jackson continues to be a leader in the rock music community.
- The Jackson guitar brand started as a small repair shop for musical instruments. Originally owned by Wayne Charvel of Charvel guitars fame, this custom shop modified fenders for heavy, finger-work-style music. This shop quickly became the preferred supplier to much of the metal and rock community. Frequent customers included Eddie Van Halen, who visited the shop for many guitar modifications. In 1978, Grover Jackson joined the shop, and he took it over the following year.
- One of the first custom-built Jackson guitars was designed for Randy Rhoades, a well-known American heavy metal guitarist. He named this guitar the Jackson V, which took a few visual cues from the Gibson Flying V but with an asymmetrical body and thinner neck. Another fan of the flying V was K.K. Downing of Judas Priest, whose guitar featured a double-locking Floyd Rose Tremolo System. This choice led to various other brands incorporating the Floyd Trem into their unique designs.
- The 1980s saw the development of aggressive-looking styles such as the Jackson Kelly guitar. As the extremity of metal music grew, so did guitars—enter the hardcore Jackson Warrior.
- By 2002, Fender took over the Charvel & Jackson guitar range. In keeping with the iconic designs and high quality that made these brands so popular among the rock and metal community, Fender continues to evolve and grow the brand, providing custom guitars for both famous musicians and beginners.
What You Can Expect from A & B Music Regarding Jackson Guitars in Australia
Jackson’s comprehensive range includes guitars that cater to a variety of budgets, expectations, and skill levels, ensuring that there’s a perfect guitar suited to your requirements.
- J.S. series: This range features affordable models from the classic Jackson guitar family. Beginner and intermediate players benefit greatly from a J.S. guitar as it will provide great value with high quality.
- X series: These models take the iconic Jackson designs and modify them into new-age styles. Active pickups, neck-thru build designs, and vibrant colours are just a few of the characteristics associated with this range.
- Pro series: If you have your sights aimed at the big stage, then consider a guitar from this range. Special features such as sophisticated electronics and high-quality hardware enhance playability within a simple design.
A Short Buyer’s Guide for a Jackson Dinky
Boasting a smaller body than their Soloist counterparts, each Jackson Dinky features a bolt-on neck and a body that provides the classic Jackson tone. Distinguished by the reverse headstock, this aesthetic feature supports greater usability for beginner guitarists.
The Jackson Dinky JS12 features a poplar wood body in metallic black, blue, or white with a flat radius for ease of recording, ideal for beginner to intermediate players. For advanced musicians, the M.J. Series Dinky DKRA features an ergonomically designed body with a sculpted shredder’s cut heel for higher registers.
Whatever your proficiency, contact our friendly team for helpful advice on Jackson guitars in Australia.