The G1on offers 100 guitar effects, including a variety of distortion, compression, modulation, delay, reverb, and amp models. Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously, chained together any way you like. In addition, there are 68 built-in rhythm accompaniment patterns, and you can connect headphones to the output jack (as well as portable music players to the auxiliary input jack) for silent practice sessions. There's an onboard chromatic tuner that supports all standard guitar tunings, including open and drop tunings, and a Looper feature that allows you to record up to 30 seconds of CD-quality audio. Loop length can be set either manually or to a preset number of quarter notes (up to 64 beats), and you can loop to any rhythm pattern, with automatic quantisation that ensures seamless start and end times.
Programming is simple and straightforward, thanks to a streamlined user interface and large backlit LCD screen. Advanced editing features such as Swap, Auto Save, and Pre Select make it easy to organise your patches for live performance and allow you to scroll through patches silently while keeping the current patch operational.
The G1on allows you to choose from 100 different onboard DSP effects. For ease of use, these are organised into the following categories:
- Dynamics / Filter - Eleven different ways to shape and control your sound with compressors, noise gates, filters, equalisers, and wah effects
- Overdrive / Distortion - Twelve of the best boosters, overdrives, fuzzes, and lead guitar sounds you've ever heard
- Amp - Twenty-two of the most realistic models ever created
- Modulation / Special effects - Your choice of sixteen phasers and flangers, plus chorus, pitch shift, tremolo, and vibrato
- Delay / Reverb - Fourteen delays and natural-sounding reverbs, including rooms, halls, plates, springs, and tape delay simulators
The G1on not only allows you to select and edit any of its onboard effects, it enables you to use up to 5 of them simultaneously, chained together in any order you like. This kind of power and flexibility means that you can create rich, complex effects within the unit itself instead of having to use multiple pedals. Stompbox chains typically start with dynamics effects such as compression, before routing the signal to wah, EQ, distortion, and/or overdrive effects. Modulation and spatial effects such as chorus, delay, and reverb are usually placed at the end of the chain.
However, there are no hard and fast rules on how to chain effects. Exciting new sounds can easily be discovered with a little experimentation and some imaginative effect chaining. The G1on gives you the ability to get creative with your effects chaining. You can also easily edit chains you’ve previously created — and you'll find that simple changes in the order of effects can alter sounds dramatically. For example, an EQ set before an amp model can result in a radically different sound than having the EQ set after the amp model. That's because putting the EQ before the amp model serves not only to alter the tonal characteristic of the sound but to act as a signal booster as well. All this can be done internally with the G1on — much easier than physically changing the order of stompboxes.
- 100 effects, including distortion, compression, modulation, delay, and reverb
- Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously, chained together in any order
- 100 memory locations (10 banks of 10) for the storage of user-created patches
- Swap function makes patch organisation a breeze
- Auto Save function for automatic saving of all patch parameters
- Pre Select function allows silent patch selection while keeping the current patch operational
- Onboard chromatic tuner supports all standard guitar tunings, including open and drop tunings
- Looper feature for the recording of up to 30 seconds / 64 beats of CD-quality audio with seamless start and end times
- 68 built-in rhythm patterns which can be used in conjunction with the Looper
- Input jack accepts standard mono guitar cable (both active and passive instruments supported)
- Auxiliary input jack for connection of personal music players
- Output jack for connection to amp or headphones
- Backlit LCD with contrast control for easy viewing in low-light environments
- Lightweight and small enough to fit in your gig bag
- Easily integrated into any existing pedal board
- Runs on 4 AA batteries, with alkaline battery life of 20 hours
- USB port for firmware updates
- Optional AC adapter