Alvarez Guitars Grand Auditorium Acoustic Electric AG70WCEAR | Natural
The tone of the instrument only improves significantly when the whole guitar is built correctly to optimize the energy a solid soundboard can generate. Artist Series is built to do exactly this.
Each model is designed to get the best out of its components, and for them to work together to produce balance, lively projection and great response. These components include our FS6 bracing system, bi-level rosewood bridge, real bone nut and saddle, great quality tonewoods and thin finish.
FS6 is a forward shifted X brace design, this means the axis of the X is closer to the soundhole and therefore creates a larger soundboard area allowing for more energy and vibration to be harnessed. Both the X braces and asymmetric tone bars are carefully scalloped. The scalloping design was the result of continual development in our Yairi workshops. FS6 also creates very good balance so both the treble and bass registers are clearly present and balanced in relation to each other.
- Top WoodSolid A+ Sitka Spruce
- Body FinishNatural/Gloss
- Back and Sides WoodBlack Walnut
- ArmrestFlamed Maple
- ShapeGrand Auditorium
- NeckMahogany, 50/50 Semi gloss finish
- BridgeBi-Level Indian Laurel/Rosewood
- InlaysAbalone & Mother of Pearl
- FingerboardIndian Laurel/Rosewood w/12th Fret Inlay
- Nut and SaddleReal Bone
- TunerPremium Die Cast
- StringsD'Addario EXP16
- Bracing SystemsFS6 Forward Shifted, Tapered Tone Bars
- Neck JointDovetail
- Neck Meets Body14th Fret
- Number of Frets21
- Pickup / EQLR Baggs StagePro EQ and Element Pick Up