PHOTO OF ACTUAL GUITAR FOR SALE
The Toronado guitar was originally introduced by Fender in 1998. Synonymous with alt-rockers for its elegant offset shape and powerful dual-humbucker configuration, the model was sadly discontinued just a few years later. The Toronado has since built up a cult fan-base for its classy curves, playable 24.75" scale length and string-through-body bridge - a desirable model among collectors.
But now, the much-adored Toronado has been brought back to life as a part of the Squier Paranormal Series! Retaining many of the distinctive features found on the original Fender version, the affordable Squier Paranormal Toronado is a perfect workhorse instrument versatile enough for practically any style.
Squier's Paranormal Toronado features a lightweight Poplar body that serves as a balanced tonal foundation for its potent humbucker pairing. The body is joined to a comfortable 'C'-shaped Maple neck, which brings out plenty of upper mid-range bite and top-end vibrancy - giving notes a snappy and immediate response.
Playable 24.75" Scale Length
The original Fender Toronado was unique for its 24.75" scale length; a feature associated with guitars made by Fender's main rival brand. Shorter than Fender's customary 25.5" scale length, a 24.75" scale gives the instrument's strings a more forgiving feel as they have less tension. The Squier Paranormal Toronado adheres to this formula, meaning that its strings feel easy to bend and apply vibrato to!
Squier Atomic Humbuckers
The Paranormal Series Toronado is a fat-sounding electric guitar, thanks to a double-dose of Squier's Atomic humbucking pickups. Delivering a full and harmonically-rich sound with plenty of output, these powerful pickups can handle overdrive and even crushing high-gain, yet clean up beautifully when you roll back their independent volume controls.
Use the 3-way pickup switch to select the barking bridge pickup, the warm neck humbucker, or both for a more balanced voice. Further control is provided via the dedicated tone controls for each pickup too, letting you dial back any harsh treble frequencies.
- Unique offset body shape
- Dual Squier Atomic humbucking pickups
- Individual volume and tone controls
- String-through-body bridge
- Chrome hardware
- Body: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Toronado
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75" (629 mm)
- Fingerboard: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rods: Single Action, Head Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: Squier Atomic Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: Squier Atomic Humbucker
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Hardtail
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)