Sorry, there are no products in this collection.
SYNONYMOUS WITH ALL THINGS ROCK N' ROLL
Everything to Know Before You Buy a Fender Guitar
Whether you're just beginning to explore music for the first time or you're a long-time veteran of plucking the strings, a Fender guitar represents one of the best options out there. With a storied history that includes many of the most iconic form factors for solid-body electric guitars, Fender is renowned for its quality, the unique sound of its instruments, and the wide range of options available on the market. Whether you want an electric or an acoustic Fender guitar, though, there's more to it than just settling on a specific model. Finding the right place to shop for your first or next instrument is important, too.
At A & B Music, instruments are our greatest passion. Believing that music has something to offer for everyone, we've dedicated ourselves to running a business that holds the door to music-making wide open. With many guitar options available for shipping Australia-wide plus a local music shop in Geelong offering even more services, we can be your sole source for instruments, accessories, support, and more.
Before learning more about the solutions we offer, please take a moment to consider where it all began.
The History of the Fender Telecaster
How did Fender become one of the most world-famous luthiers? It starts with a simple guitar, the Telecaster. From humble beginnings, the company's instruments would go on to define generations of music with an undeniably unique sound. Here's a quick look back at its history so you can see why it's still popular today.
- The original Telecaster was introduced in 1951 by pioneering luthier, Leo Fender. The Telecaster was the first successful "solid body" guitar to feature sensitive pickups and convenient knobs to adjust tone and volume. With a sound often described as "bright" and a tone that could run the gamut, the Telecaster introduced a brand new texture to the sonic landscape.
- Throughout the 50s, the popularity of the Telecaster grew. By the 1960s, it was finding its way into the hands of some of the world's most famous musicians, and its sound would soon begin to define the nascent genre of rock n roll.
- With its pedigree well-established and joined by siblings such as the Stratocaster, the Telecaster took its place in the pantheon of beloved instruments. In the 70 years since its invention and introduction, the Telecaster has changed little, and still offers up incredible opportunities for those who love playing blues, R&B, rock, and more.
- From the success of the Telecaster, Fender became a world-renowned brand. With additional masterpieces such as the Fender Squier Strat, their legacy has been cemented.
What Sets A & B Music Apart When You Want a Guitar Such As the Fender Player Telecaster?
Today, you can still unlock that same unique tone while recreating the classic electric guitar playing experience. Why should you shop for an option online with our business? We've set our business apart by offering more to our customers. Here's how:
- An incredible selection at better prices. The Telecaster comes in many different styles and colours today, and we know how personal an item an instrument can be for someone. That's why we put together one of the most extensive selections you'll find online.
- Free shipping on virtually all orders. Except for very bulky items such as drum kits, we ship for free Australia-wide — so you can enjoy a brand new guitar without the extra expense of paying to have it sent to your doorstep.
- Friendly and attentive customer service to guarantee your satisfaction. When you call us, we look to provide the same level of service we'd offer to someone walking in to our store location. Don't hesitate to bring us your questions about any particular instrument.
Common Mistakes People Make When They Want the Best Fender Guitar
We're well familiar with the excitement that comes from even considering the purchase of a brand new instrument. Because it's an investment and you will spend so much time with the instrument, it makes sense to want only the best. However, be careful that you don't fall into these common traps along the way.
- Choosing the wrong guitar body type. Solid-body guitars aren't the only thing out there, even with electrics. Choose the type that corresponds to the type of music you want to play most.
- Opting for an advanced guitar right out of the gate as a beginner. Although it might seem like a guide to give yourself room to grow by adding more features, you can easily overwhelm yourself this way.
- Buying a guitar that doesn’t feel right. It's true, guitars are not one size fits all. If you aren't careful, you could end up with a guitar too heavy or too difficult to hold and play comfortably. Although an adult musician will usually find a full-size guitar to be comfortable, there are exceptions, so do your research.
What You Should Know About the Fender Player Series
One of the most accessible lines of instruments on the market today, the Player series has lots of value in store for prospective buyers. What is there to know about this series? Here's what Fender has in store for you here:
- This series features all the most famous and iconic Fender lines, such as the Fender Player Stratocaster and Telecaster, in an accessible entry-level format for musicians beginning their exploration of guitars. There's something for everyone to love with nearly two dozen models in all and countless colours in this series.
- As with many Fender units, every Player Series guitar features the company's tried and tested Alnico pickups for crisp, clear signals.
- While the silhouettes of the instruments remain the same, many of the internal components and body features have received upgrades, making this series an excellent entry into the world of Fender products.
A Quick Buyer's Guide For An Electric Guitar Such As a Fender
As you consider which guitar model will be best for your style of play and preferred genres, it's a good idea to keep some more general tips about electric guitars in mind. Before you commit to a guitar such as the Stratocaster, consult this brief buyer's guide for some basic tips.
- Start with a basic model unless you're already an advanced guitarist. You'll save money, but you'll also give yourself a goal — improve your skills to make that more expensive model a worthy investment.
- Take some time investigating the sound and tone of different guitars. You can always look up videos online of others playing the model you have in mind if you can't make it to our location to test it out in person.
- Don't overlook the importance of aesthetics. An instrument that you like to look at and which feels good in your hands is just as important as one that sounds good, too. There’s a reason the Squier Strat by Fender remains so popular.
Tips for Getting More Value Out of an Acoustic Fender Guitar
Whether you go for electric or acoustic, you'll want to get the most out of your new instrument. How can you do that? Playing and practising as often as possible is the obvious answer, but there's more you can do to care for and protect the instrument. Here's how to make your investment last:
- Keep extra strings and other consumables on hand. There's nothing as frustrating as breaking a string during a great jam session only to realise you'll have to stop because you don't have a replacement.
- Invest in a case. The best way to protect your investment and keep your guitar safe from dust and damage is to buy a case that you can use to store it when not in use.
- Keep your guitar away from excessively humid environments to minimise the impact of moisture on the wood.
- Don’t forget to pair your guitar with a good amp, such as the Fender Mustang.
Other Products We Offer Besides the Fender Telecaster Player Series
At A & B Music, the Fender Stratocaster and related instruments are only a scratch on the surface of what we can provide. We've recreated the experience of visiting our music store in person so you can browse at your leisure. What else can you find here?
- Straps, capos, and cables — everything you need to set up to comfortably set up and practice on your own while experimenting with different sounds.
- Strings for every instrument with stock, with varying types, materials, thicknesses, and tones. When you're hunting for a specific kind of string to hear a unique sound come from your instrument, you can find it here. Don't see what you want? Ask us about sourcing it for you.
- Amps and effects pedals so you can turn up the volume and find the unique sound that suits your style best.
About A & B Music
Founded more than 35 years ago, A & B Music runs on a passion for helping others discover the joy of making music. Since our start in 1985, we've remained unwaveringly focused on providing the best selection of instruments from brands known around the world. Backing up our selection with excellent customer service and fast, often free shipping, we hope to make it easier than ever for others to explore their talents and bless others with the music they make. Start searching for your perfect instrument now, or contact us for help and advice on buying.